September 04, 2007 at 23:31 | categories: solaris
Today Sun released the long awaited Update 4 or 8/07 release of Solaris 10. It
must have been at least a couple of months since the beta ended, so it has
been a very long wait.
You can grab your own copy here.
- Live Upgrade is now possible with non-global zones
- rcapd can now be used from the global zone to cap memory for non-global zones
- IP Instances allows LAN and VLAN Separation for non-global zones
- Dtrace support for non-global zones
- many X86 related improvements including fault and power management and improvements to some of the SATA drivers
Of course this landed right after me setting up a couple of new boxes on 11/06
and only a couple of weeks after ending my part in a large migration project
that really could have used the memory capping bits.
As it is, I expect all the solaris based boxes at ASF will be moving to 8/07 as time permits.
- Andrew Godwin - What can programmers learn from pilots
- New blog software and layout
- Today I made it into Flickrs TwitterTuesday
- bread meatloaf recipe
- Osso buco
- XKCD gets close to the truth
- Open Source Days 2010
- Autumn has arrived
- Recipes - Sottofiletto di Manzo al Pepe Verde and Pere al Vino Rosso
- Nearby parks